View Single Post
Old 01-06-2013, 11:34 PM   #3
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeccaPrice View Post
it's taking *forever* to convert. (20 minutes and 67% done). this is my second attempt at converting; the last attempt stalled out around 35 minutes converting.

What am I doing wrong? Is there a better way to get the file size down so it'll be more in alignment with other ebooks (at 6155 kb, it's about 10x the size of an ordinary ebook).
Everything is going fine. I have never heard of a html to mobi conversion actually stalling. I have heard of them failing and outputing an error. If your conversion has not failed and stopped on its own then it is still converting the file.

If you open the job (lower right corner) and look at the job details you will most likely see that it is still running.

For the most part the only books that ever consistently cause any problems are dictionaries. If this is a dictionary it may indeed fail or possibly stall at some point. I've had the rare conversion take around 6 hours to complete on a relatively fast i7 based machine. I've heard of conversions taking up to 24 hours.

Good Luck.
DoctorOhh is online now   Reply With Quote