View Single Post
Old 01-06-2013, 09:16 AM   #25
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by miki2 View Post
OMG what a silly comment; the move from dedicated ereaders to tablets has nothing to do with "mindless entertainment" over "cultural consumption". the fact is people are becoming smarter and realizing that a seven inch tablet not only lets you read your books with total freedom but permits that you can read your emails, check your tuittes, check the news and a 101 other things with one gadget. dedicated ereaders were a simple marketing ploy and were great at the time; there was no other real option. i still have my kindle 3 but there is very little chance of going back to it after experiencing the freedom of my Tab 2 7. And with such great ereader apps such as FBreader and Coolreader....onward !!
Many people here (myself included) would disagree with your assertion that a tablet is an equally good reader as an eInk reader. I certainly don't think it is. Like you, I have a Galaxy Tab 2 7", but I use it for very different things than I use my Kindle PW for. I read on my Kindle; I surf the web, watch video, etc, on the Tab.

As has been said before, it doesn't have to be an "either/or" decision. Many people own both a tablet AND an eInk reader. The eInk device will always be much more comfortable to read on for me, and the weeks-long battery life means that I don't have to recharge it every day.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote