View Single Post
Old 01-05-2013, 11:39 PM   #1318
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(1/2/3/dx), nook, nookcolr, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
You may want to try loading (or re-loading) the Kindle Fire USB drivers on your computer. You can find instructions on how to load them in this post on XDA. The thread is on rooting the Fire but you don't have to go that far. Just follow the instructions on loading the drivers via the "Alternate Method" in section A. You also find a link to download the drivers.
that shouldn't be the issue (and it isn't on the older Fires, etc). Seems to be some buggy item in the newer android devices - they install differently and just sit there, refusing most functions (and going to sleep, which is a Kindle Fire specialty - if I don't disable sleep entirely, it never calculations space usage, as it takes well over 5 minutes for it to figure it out).

With a large library, it also takes over 5 minutes to get into the list of books on the Fire, so you essentially can't retrieve books that way and must use the carousel only (the older fire is so much faster in it's interface, that it is ridiculous that amazon touts any of the newer Fires as "faster"; sadly, if your library gets large enough, it can also brick your Kindles, completely.

Their programmers are pretty much clueless idiots - I could have designed a better library interface in college (and one that didn't crash, as theirs does). they could fix it with a switch to disable any retrieval of the archive and instead do all searches to the back-end library (as their MYK page, back when it was very responsive, instead now, when it loads 16 books at a time, until it has your entire library in memory on the computer ... and only then can search all your titles -- it might look faster, for those with under 100 books, but is tremendously slower (and a heavier load on their system) than the older method they used.

I'm still avoiding reloading - although i know it is faster than a redownload of the magazines...
koland is offline   Reply With Quote