View Single Post
Old 01-06-2013, 12:13 AM   #1
alyshadeshae
alyshadeshae began at the beginning.

Device: Simple Touch Nook Glow
Custom metadata not being written consistently to device.

I have a custom series column for those larger series that have multiple series in the same world (or for fanfiction in some cases). I use mostly the same plugboard code for "save to disk" and "send to device" and it gives me different results for both.

For send to device:
Code:
{#collection}{#collection_index:0>2s| | - } {series}{series_index:0>5.2f| | - } {title}
Fo save to disk:
Code:
{author_sort} - {#collection}{#collection_index:0>2s| | - } {series}{series_index:0>5.2f| | - } {title}
The regular built in series information shows up correctly, but the collection (custom) series information is erratic. For the first regular series inside the collection, it uses the regular series index numbers instead of it's own. For the remaining series in the collection, it shows the correct index, though.

For example, Rick Riordan's Percy Jackson and the Olympians and the Heroes of Olympus exist in the same universe and have some of the same characters. In my library, I have them sorted as the "Olympian Demgod Series" for collection and their individual series names under series. When sent to my device , the title should read "Collection # - Series # - Title" for all the books.
Olympian Demigod Series 01 - Percy Jackson and the Olympians 01.00 - The Lightning Thief
Olympian Demigod Series 01 - Percy Jackson and the Olympians 02.00 - The Sea of Monsters
Olympian Demigod Series 01 - Percy Jackson and the Olympians 03.00 - The Titan's Curse
Olympian Demigod Series 01 - Percy Jackson and the Olympians 04.00 - The Battle of the Labyrinth
Olympian Demigod Series 01 - Percy Jackson and the Olympians 04.50 - The Demigod Files
Olympian Demigod Series 01 - Percy Jackson and the Olympians 05.00 - The Last Olympian
Olympian Demigod Series 02 - The Heroes of Olympus 01.00 - The Lost Hero
Olympian Demigod Series 02 - The Heroes of Olympus 02.00 - The Son of Neptune
Olympian Demigod Series 02 - The Heroes of Olympus 03.00 - The Mark of Athena
The only difference between "send to device" and "save to disk" should be the author's name appearing at the beginning for the "save to disk" function.

I attached screenshots of a folder on my desktop using the "save to disk" option and pictures of my nook after using the "send to device" option.

I am absolutely stuck and would appreciate any help getting this sorted out. I would love to get this working soon so that I can add all my books back to my nook correctly!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Save to Disk Works.png
Views:	57
Size:	212.2 KB
ID:	98860   Click image for larger version

Name:	Send to Device Doesn't Work.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	123.3 KB
ID:	98861  
alyshadeshae is offline   Reply With Quote