View Single Post
Old 01-05-2013, 04:17 PM   #4
vaniaspeedy
Connoisseur
vaniaspeedy knows what is on the back of the AURYN.vaniaspeedy knows what is on the back of the AURYN.vaniaspeedy knows what is on the back of the AURYN.vaniaspeedy knows what is on the back of the AURYN.vaniaspeedy knows what is on the back of the AURYN.vaniaspeedy knows what is on the back of the AURYN.vaniaspeedy knows what is on the back of the AURYN.vaniaspeedy knows what is on the back of the AURYN.vaniaspeedy knows what is on the back of the AURYN.vaniaspeedy knows what is on the back of the AURYN.vaniaspeedy knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Kindle 4 Touch
Updates

I've created an early alpha of a process that seems to work.

1. export bookmarks in html from firefox, leave only the links of interest (notepad++ is great)
2. clean using it the following regex expressions, using find and replace, replacing with empty blanks.
a) <[^>^A]+>
b) <A HREF="
c) " ADD_DATE="[0-9 ]+" LAST_MODIFIED="[0-9 ]+"
d) >[^<]+<\/A>
e) <H3 ADD_DATE="[0-9]+" LAST_MODIFIED="[0-9]+">.*

3. copy cleaned links to urls.txt
4. run this shell script:

Code:
#!/bin/sh

for url in `cat urls.txt `; do title=`curl $url 2>&1 | grep -i '<title>.*</title>' | sed -e 's/<[^>]*>//g'` &&  echo $url | mail -s "$title" YOUR_EMAIL@instapaper.com ; done
5. login to instapaper, download epub.

Limitations
Seems that instapaper only exports the last 20 unread articles, so I've been looking in to using a Calibre recipe that would download the newest 20, archive them, and grab the next 20. This loop could be run until I have a pile of epubs, which would be later glued together using some software.

Questions
1. Does anyone know of a prebuilt recipe that can do this?
2. Are there any programs that can automate the process of gluing together multiple eBooks, while also gluing together the TOC?
vaniaspeedy is offline   Reply With Quote