View Single Post
Old 01-05-2013, 02:57 PM   #124
mmutoo
mmutoo began at the beginning.

Device: kobo touch
Hi all,
I just found this forum! and I was excited since I did not know there are forums about ereaders (that is a shame indeed!).
I am a new member of the forum. I've had a kobo touch for a long time (like 1.5 years) and I really loved it, especially in the old days. I was really satisfied with it. But day after day and update after update, it gets slower and buggier than ever. The last problem is that I read lots of pdf files on it. And I cut the pdf files using Briss. When I open the files, I see strange behavior along with the bottom or right margin (depending on reading direction) is cut and gets larger with each update. I am now basically reading on a square screen instead of rectangle! So I decided to downgrade the firmware (and that was when I found this forum). I used this thread and downgraded to 1.9.12 which was the earliest link that worked, but still I have the edges cut. The thing is when I do a factory reset, the original version which is 1.9.4 is amazingly fast and flawless. The only thing I miss is the dictionary on it. So here is my question:
1) Is there a way I can add a dictionary to this version? (my guess, since it did not contain a dictionary originally, I cannot, but please let me know if I am wrong).
2) Can anybody give me a link for the 1.9.6 version of the firmware? since it is the earliest upgrade that contains the dictionary and the link in this thread does not work.

Many thanks everybody.

Last edited by mmutoo; 01-05-2013 at 09:44 PM.
mmutoo is offline   Reply With Quote