View Single Post
Old 01-05-2013, 12:02 PM   #23
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic
Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
Kumabjorn's Avatar
 
Posts: 4,054
Karma: 20131415
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Sweden
Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Kindle 4SO, Kindle for Android, Sony PRS-350 and PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Yes, I understand exactly what you're saying. What I'm saying is that user interface studies over the years have shown that multi-window interfaces just won't work very well on small touchscreens - they're too fiddly to use. Your finger is too clumsy a tool in proportion to the size of the window. The reason they work on PCs is that a mouse is a lot more accurate. It's not just arbitrary that we have the UI's we do - it's the result of an awful lot of effort in usability research.
Well, the Note 10.1 does have a 10" screen and a very accurate stylus so from that perspective it works just fine. I can see it being a problem on a phone though. I can hold the tablet in portrait mode, have a book take up 80% of the screen and a dictionary or Wikipedia the other 20%. It is just there, I don't need to search for it. Anyway, I like it, and that is what is important for me.
Kumabjorn is offline   Reply With Quote