View Single Post
Old 01-05-2013, 08:45 AM   #73
SteveEisenberg
Wizard
SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatNY View Post
Everyplace I've ever worked, simply working hard was not enough to keep a job . You also had to do a good job.
You should have to do a great job -- but only at those things which are reasonably within your control. Fire the coach for having injured players play? Sure. Fire the coach because he had an above-average number of injuries this year, and other teams less? No.

Quote:
I'm not sure why you seem so convinced the people currently in charge of setting the direction for various aspects of the Nook tablet are the right people for that job.
I'm not convinced of that. I am convinced that internet pressure to fire people more often is not the way to a more prosperous, much less more humane, society.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew H. View Post
They can't fire Amazon. Or Apple.

Last edited by SteveEisenberg; 01-05-2013 at 09:46 AM.
SteveEisenberg is offline   Reply With Quote