Originally Posted by Alcohol
I've added my base collection to the library and most of the .mobi files I have show up perfectly well - however not all show as a 'format' in the format column
I have no problem opening them from my books folder but in Calibre they show as 'xxxx has no available formats'
How did you add your base collection?
Originally Posted by theducks
Screen 3 is OMG
what did you do to get that many data mismatches?
This often happens when grabbing up libraries from "friends" as a starting point.
the following should get you back up and running.
- Start by exiting calibre (Ctrl-q).
- Back-up the entire calibre library.
- Once you are sure you have a complete backup go into the root of your active library and rename the metadata.db file to metadata.db.old.
- Start calibre it should show you a library with no books in it.
- Restore database by going to Library maintenance and selecting Restore database this should rebuild your database. This process will rebuild your metadata.db file based on the info in each metadata.opf files in the individual directories.
- After the restore finishes your library should show your books again.
- Recheck things, if you are worse off go back to your "old" metadata.db file or revert back to your backup copy of your library.