View Single Post
Old 01-04-2013, 10:54 PM   #20
jusmee
Guru
jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch / Astak Pocket Pro
In case this helps someone...

I cloned my 2GB microSD card to a 4GB card, but the Touch just refused to start up, no matter what type of reset I tried. However, as soon as I plugged the USB cable into it, and into my computer, it booted up normally. Note, the battery was not flat - I had charged it fully before starting this and it's still showing full now. Seems the startup on seeing a USB cable is slightly different somehow.

For what it's worth my procedure was

1. Put the original card in a card reader (as drive 'd') and used
Code:
sudo dd if=/dev/sdd of=test.img
to copy it.
2. Replaced the original card with new 4GB card and reversed the copy
Code:
sudo dd if=test.img of=/dev/sdd
3. Ran gparted and resized the last partition to fill the card.

I noted that the 3 partitions on it were root, recovery, and a data partition with all the books and stuff in it. root and recovery partitions are both 256MB.
jusmee is offline   Reply With Quote