View Single Post
Old 01-04-2013, 08:26 PM   #3
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HDX 8.9, AuraHD, Nook HD+, Kindle 2,3,T , Opus, Nexus7, iPhone5, etc
If you want better content support I wouldn't count on B&N for it. They've had a few years to get their app store in order and it has improved, but not all that much. When I checked the app store for a review after the HD & HD+ came out they had around 7,000 apps IIRC while Amazon had 50,000, Google 600,000 and Apple 700,000. Pretty big difference. Their movie deal still isn't really setup fully and they don't offer music at all. What I told folks in my HD+ review was that if it was for reading you'd likely be quite happy, but if you wanted to take your tablet beyond that you'd be better off with an iPad, Nexus or Fire.

I have an HD+ (same software just bigger hardware) and while I think the screen is gorgeous and like it overall as a reader it sits pretty much unused in favor of my Nexus 7.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote