View Single Post
Old 01-04-2013, 07:50 PM   #6
ppowell002
Connoisseur
ppowell002 is no ebook tyro.ppowell002 is no ebook tyro.ppowell002 is no ebook tyro.ppowell002 is no ebook tyro.ppowell002 is no ebook tyro.ppowell002 is no ebook tyro.ppowell002 is no ebook tyro.ppowell002 is no ebook tyro.ppowell002 is no ebook tyro.ppowell002 is no ebook tyro.

Device: sony prs 600. IPad3, kobo arc
I too am having some issues with apps and now realize from Chantal's post that the lack of GPS is the problem. For example, tune-in radio will not load the stations.

BTW, when I search Google Play app on my Arc there is no app for Aptoid but I see Chatty's hyperlink to the website has it. I wonder why that is.

I bought the Arc because I find the iPad too heavy to carry around and wanted to be able to carry one device to read newspapers magazines and ebooks. The arc is not very good with the newspaper and magazines. The screen response for pinching and zooming and page turning on those apps is too "touchy" and I often close the page or shrink it when trying to scroll the page. The Arc makes a great ereader but it' s too small for reading mags and newspaper even though the screen display is very nice. Web surfing is okay for a short time but again, too small a screen for extended use.
ppowell002 is offline   Reply With Quote