View Single Post
Old 01-04-2013, 12:27 PM   #24
jackastor
Wizard
jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iphone stanza, kobo touch,ASUS TF300,KOBO GLO, Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by everklear View Post
Sounds dirty, but it's only a description of what I accidentally did. Reader set down near tub. Knocked in while getting dressed for the day.

Currently the reader is on day two resting in a bag full of rice. Theory is that the dry grain absorbs the moisture. I'm afraid to pull it out and try it. I may wait another day or two.

I sense another reader purchase in my near future.
You will need to keep it inthe bag of instant rice for about 1 to 2 weeks. Do not add heat. That can cause other issues and damage. Do not pull it out till at least 1 week has passed. Better to wait 2 weeks. A person in Toronto found an iphone in the lake that had been there for over a month. They placed it in a tub of instant rice and a month later the phone powered on and they contacted the owner. As far as it goes the phone works. the trick is to allow enough time for the moisture to be sucked out and the device to be dried out.

Now in the future there are some waterproof electronic bags you can buy from otterbox tha will protect your device and give you full access to the touch screen.

Good luck

Jack
jackastor is offline   Reply With Quote