View Single Post
Old 01-04-2013, 07:29 AM   #3
Turtle91
Guru
Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 5/iPad 1&2/Surface Pro/Kindle PW
Sorry, I guess I wasn't very clear. I know how to rename the files and wasn't concerned with the "spec" per se (although I wouldn't want to violate one...). I was wondering if there was a "best practice" or a "method" of naming the files to get them to be organized properly in the reader.

Right now If I put more than 50ish files onto the device, all I get is a list of book titles that aren't sorted very well - if at all. Imagine one author with 120 titles! It's kind of hard to find the book you are looking for...and it's really hard to find the next book in the series when you don't know what the name of the book is and can't see series names or numbers!

I can sort based on author...and filter by collection...which helps a little. But I would like to either sort by filename - where "LastName, FirstName MI - SeriesName Index# - BookName.epub" would be handy - or have a device that would organize the books by the internal metadata of author, series name, series index, title.

Does anyone know if there is a ereader/iApp that will do that kind of metadata organization? Or, if not, is there a way to name a file so that it will show up in the list in an organized order?
Turtle91 is offline   Reply With Quote