View Single Post
Old 01-04-2013, 05:12 AM   #42
dkperez
Groupie
dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: nine
I bought a Nook Color. I liked it. Then I started getting daily mails from Amazon for ebooks. And found some for $.99 or $1.99 or maybe $2.99. So, I'd jump to B&N 'cause they'll SURELY be matching the Amazon price...

$8.69 or $5.79 or maybe the book doesn't exist at ALL at B&N...

So, I rooted the NC. It was PAINFUL and took a ridiculous amount of time to ferret out the right stuff, find all the nooks and crannies to get the pieces, and wade through the arcane terminology to get the stuff installed and figure out how it worked... And yeah, I KNOW all the folks at the dev forum are really great people and it's SUPPOSED to be difficult.

This time, I bought a Nexus. I liked the Nook, I liked the Nexus. I just didn't want to have to root another Nook device to have easy access to all the readers and other apps I wanted.

Bottom line for me is if there's an e-book I want, and B&N is less or the same as Amazon, and the price is reasonable (meets the arbitrary $3.99 MAX I set for impulse buys), I get it there. If not, I don't. If the e-book is cheaper at Amazon I get it there and read it on the Nexus with the Kindle reader... Makes no difference to me.
dkperez is offline   Reply With Quote