View Single Post
Old 01-03-2013, 10:45 AM   #20
LuBiB
Banned
LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: jetBook, iPhone, JETBOOK COLOR!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by murraypaul View Post
What proportion of those people currently buying Kindles would pay say twice as much to be able to read an improves version of the books listed above, but wouldn't rather just buy a tablet instead?
I'd guess maybe about 5%. That isn't a mass-market item. It could be a profitabe niche, but still a niche.
If these had came out at the same time as the original iPad, for a fraction of the cost, they would have had more appeal, but now they seem like a product in search of a market.
An eInk reader will provide better battery life, but with tablets offering 10+ hours, the number of people for whom that isn't good enough isn't huge.

Edit: There may be more interesting applications outside of book reading. A hiking GPS with a colour eInk screen would be a nice product.
The only reason i stuck with the jetBook for years now is the book availability. Im not obligated to buy books from Amazon or B&N, as a matter of fact I dont have to buy books at all, especially those that are available online for free.

Same with the jetBook Color. My sister has one for school and she gets all her textbooks online for free instead of paying $80+ for each.

There are no other ebook readers like it and thats why i've been so adamant in keeping mine since the first release. Plus when i'm finished reading a book, i pass the SD card to one of my relatives or friends so they can read it too. It makes life so much easier for everyone lol
LuBiB is offline   Reply With Quote