View Single Post
Old 01-03-2013, 05:42 AM   #4
AlexBell
Wizard
AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle3, Kobo Touch, Sony PRS T3, Nexus 7, iPad mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by ficbot View Post
I want to make an omnibus ebook of the Twins series by Lucy Fitch Perkins. Gutenberg has the first twelve books and I want to read them, so I thought it would be a good first project for me to make an ebook I can contribute to the community. I am unsure of the best way to proceed though given that some of the books have different formatting and styles. Some have illustrations and some do not. Some indent paragraphs and some do not.
I suggest if I may that you work out a style manual for yourself before you start, and then modify the PG html accordingly. For example, if you prefer to have indented paragraphs it's not that hard to set your CSS to have all paragraphs indented. It might be laborious in that you may need to proof read the PG html, but I think it is worth it.

My preference is to include illustrations where possible. If the original books have illustrations but some PG books do not you might be able to find the missing illustrations on Internet Archive or Google images.

Beware though, designing ebooks can be addictive. It's certainly a very satisfying hobby.
AlexBell is offline   Reply With Quote