View Single Post
Old 01-03-2013, 04:40 AM   #26
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW2, iPad Retina Mini, iPhone 4, MS Surface Pro, Onyx T68, N7,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynx-lynx View Post
Harry, none of those words you captured were mine, they all came from the Australian Copyright Council.
Yes, I completely appreciate that .

Quote:
And clearly where no copyright exists - then none exists.
Forgive me if I'm labouring the point, but it's really not a case of "clearly".

Let's consider the case of a Canadian author who died in 1960. Because Canada has a "life+50" copyright law, the works of this author are now in the public domain in Canada (they entered the Canadian public domain on 1st Jan 2011). One might think that these works are still protected by copyright in Australia (and they would be if they were Australian works), but due to the fact that Australian copyright law incorporates the rule of the shorter term, Canadian editions of these works are also in the public domain in Australia.

Last edited by HarryT; 01-03-2013 at 06:53 AM.
HarryT is online now   Reply With Quote