View Single Post
Old 01-02-2013, 11:34 AM   #13
Danger
Evangelist
Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2 (retired), Kobo Touch (passed to the wife), KGlo, Galaxy TabPro
Quote:
Originally Posted by volpo View Post
Why not just use the plugin? It hides all of that commercial stuff and just leaves the book covers on the home screen. It is quite stable and works like a charm. Check it out in the "Kobo Developer's Corner" part of the forum.
I don't use it because it doesn't load when you boot up and doesn't enable itself until you open a book (or is it visit the library) either way I have my Kobo set to shut off after 30mins. Having to enable it each time I turn on my Kobo isn't worth it. Basically I figure the Kobo marketeers won't listen to their customers and this won't ever go away so I live with it for now. Like others I am keeping my eye on other ereaders. If someone is willing to do what Kobo isn't and the ereader iself is at least on par with the Kobo, hardware wise, I'm jumping ship. Kobo already gets much less money from my pocket from book purchases, that money now goes to those book stores that actually have a nice working shopping cart. I know it's been at least over a year since people have been asking for one their site and nothing has been done. I don't expect anything less on their move towards less intrusive advertising on the Kobo ereaders themselves.
Danger is offline   Reply With Quote