View Single Post
Old 01-02-2013, 11:07 AM   #30
Rizla
Wizard
Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-650 / Cybook Opus / Nook STR (rooted)
Quote:
Originally Posted by samhy View Post
Sorry to barge in, but you made me curious. Was it all of a sudden, without forewarning?
Yes. 14 months old and it went on the blink. To get it repaired would have cost me nearly the price of a new unit. The problem was with the power switch, which is part of the mobo. It seems the power-switch is flaky on the 650. Do a search on these forums and you will find many cases.

So these days, I never use the standy-by feature. Instead I simply turn off the touch-screen using prs+. Works fine. The bottom line is, use the power-switch as little as possible.
Rizla is offline   Reply With Quote