View Single Post
Old 01-01-2013, 07:40 AM   #20
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, KT, PB701/IQ, K2, PB360, BeBook One, Axim51v, TC1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Or perhaps it simply means that the European Commision have not yet completed their investigation into ebook pricing which is currently ongoing.
One would hope they got something more than a warning and a wink.
But the last I heard, the EC had *accepted* the Gang of Six's plea bargain terms and no mention was made of any further action.
If anything, I saw more outarage over Amazon (and other companies) operating out of Luxenbourg to keep consumer costs low than over the conspiracy.

(shrug)

My main point remains that what has happened (and is happening) in the US is not a good guideline for what is coming in other regions. The book industry is simply too fragmented by region, language, culture, *subject/genre*, and politics. And that is how the traditional publishers like it.
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote