View Single Post
Old 01-01-2013, 05:23 AM   #18
bobobo1618
Lord of Ponies
bobobo1618 knows the square root of minus one.bobobo1618 knows the square root of minus one.bobobo1618 knows the square root of minus one.bobobo1618 knows the square root of minus one.bobobo1618 knows the square root of minus one.bobobo1618 knows the square root of minus one.bobobo1618 knows the square root of minus one.bobobo1618 knows the square root of minus one.bobobo1618 knows the square root of minus one.bobobo1618 knows the square root of minus one.bobobo1618 knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by murg View Post
Don't be so sure. I don't think that the the Kobo is really a multi-tasking device. Yes, it looks like it does stuff during the idle cycles, but I think that when it is doing main line processing, like writing the database to the disk, it will wait until that operation is done before proceeding to the next.
It's a Linux device. It supports multi-tasking fine.

As for whether SQLite is asynchronous or not, I can't really say whether or not the Kobo developers implemented it or not but it's quite possible that they did. Really depends on the library they used to write the software.

Honestly, it's unlikely. But it's possible and it'd be nice.
bobobo1618 is offline   Reply With Quote