View Single Post
Old 12-31-2012, 05:29 PM   #778
pdurrant
Santa Mouse
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: NOOK ST GlowLight
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
My aim is to get my TBR list below 300. It increased in 2010, and in 2011 I will have only reduced it by about 15 to 20 books. I need to do a lot better in 2012!
Well, it's three hours until 2013, and I have missed my goal by 7. A net reduction of 73 ebooks, and I was aiming for a net reduction of 80.

However, that's still a lot better than I managed in 2011.

I read 185 books (incl. 6 abandoned and 2 re-reads).
Of the non-free books I read (177), the average book cost was $2.85

I bought 137 books at an average cost of $2.27

I discarded 25 books from my TBR pile, either because I found I had already read them, or because I decided not to (re-)read them.

Next year, my goal will be to buy no more than 120 new books. A secondary goal is to reduce by TBR list by 67 books.

I think I can achieve this.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote