View Single Post
Old 12-31-2012, 12:28 PM   #49
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnyt View Post
Hi Everyone

This is my first post here and I'd like to thank everyone here for all the information and guides (and patience with all our noob questions )
Well I read what I thought was enough about the kindle 4 non touch with firmware - 4.1.0 installed and registered, but have come a little stuck & confused,
So I thought I would get rid of the crappy screen savers.
I used the :- kindle-jailbreak-k4-1.5.N from this site. I read the read me files 10 times before install. Then held my breath and created the 3 files "data.tar.gz", "ENABLE_DIAGS" and "diagnostic_logs" in the root of kindle.
Then ejected and followed the rest of the instructions from read me file until the last Q to quit and the kindle took for ever to restart. Eventually saw the jailbreak screen and the jailbreak file appeared in the content screen. wow I did it then got a wee bit nervous when I found that airplane mode was turned on throughout the jailbreak, so I decided to turn it off a leave it for today.
When I tried to turn the kindle on this morning I was greeted by a battery sign saying connect to usb charger. 10 mins of charge and it started up again Pheww.
So question is when reading uninstall instructions it says
"it is recommended that you first uninstall a+le and copy the uninstaller .bin to the Kindle's USB drive's root"
My question is what are is a+le , and is this likley to cure my battery problem
Thanks in advance Jon Happy new year to you all
16 hours of having the Wifi on is a reasonable length of time to run the battery down.

The Amazon quote is 1/2 hour a day to give their estimated battery life.

They also note that is with a strong Wifi signal and that the Wifi module will draw more power (discharge the battery faster) with a weak Wifi signal.

Plus - you don't mention how old your K4 battery is.
It may not have all of its original storage capacity now.

I will have to go with "operator error" on this one (not any specific hack that is installed).
Learn to turn the Wifi off before putting the device to sleep.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote