View Single Post
Old 12-31-2012, 10:32 AM   #8
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW1, Galaxy S5, Galaxy Note 4, Nexus 7 (2013), Nexus 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Some notes for myself and others:

The original 5.1 and 5.2 Jailbreak -
http://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=186645
Also contains the USBnetworking package in the attachments.

The newer 5.2 ... 5.3.1 Jailbreak -
http://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=198446
Use the USBnetworking package from the original JB thread (at least for now).
Ahh Thank you that is what I was looking for. I am not there yet (to install USBnetwork), but eventually I probably will. Before I install it, I want to be comfortable and knowledgeable enough about it. No need to fall for the good old:

Don't do this, ever, unless you intend to be in for a surprise:[snip]

UPDATE: I am sorry for posting misleading information, meant no harm by it. It is dangerous to type ANY commands in a shell (even the command line on Windows) that you are not familiar with. This is especially dangerous in a unix/linux environment as you have a lot of 2 letter commands that might look innocent all by themselves. For example: ln, ls, vi, mv, rm, su, cp, cd all have their uses, some with more devastating results than others if used incorrectly.

Last edited by DuckieTigger; 12-31-2012 at 01:56 PM. Reason: Apology
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote