View Single Post
Old 12-31-2012, 05:57 AM   #17
davidfor
Wizard
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by ayram88 View Post
The strange fact is that it seems to power on and off, I mean, I press it once and the led lights green, then blue, then green, green, green etc, then I press it again and it doesn't light, as if it turns off.
That does sound like it is attempting to start up. None of the factory reset options above are doing anything?
Quote:
and, @ david_e, it doesn't seem unfair to me at all to go to the shop, because it's not normal that a device freezes or bricks while restarting after an update, whether it is sideload or not, because when the Kobo updates the firmware via wi-fi it's the same thing: it downloads the firmware in the folder and then updates, I guess.

Now I'll try to fully recharge it, as someone said.

I never charged it before, so I don't know whether the led lights or not during charge, I wouldn't recognise it charging.
It shows either a green or a blue light while charging. If you haven't charged it before, do it now.
Quote:
Do you think they'll eventually fix it if I use my warranty?
It depends on the shop or Kobo. There is a reasonable chance they will exchange it.

Last edited by davidfor; 12-31-2012 at 06:09 AM. Reason: fixed quoting
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote