View Single Post
Old 12-30-2012, 09:18 AM   #1615
Canuck_in_Japan
Wizard
Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iTouch, Jetbook, PRS 650, Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by mXb View Post
Good some reactions at last.

Yes I could buy Kindle books etc and spend the rest of eternity converting them.

Yes I also have been using (over using ?) BargainMoose, and couldn't agree more that it is a great discount.

So why didn't Kobo advertise that straight, no messing around, reusable 40% off, instead of this (suspect ?) "up to 80% off" offer ?

All I am after is a genuine sale.

If you think their "up to 80% off" fits that bill thats your prerogative.

...no I don't really wish I had a Kindle, I am against Amazon's "closed" system. But they do give better deals, BargainMoose aside.
Again I'm not so sure I agree. I think both services provide equally good value. Amazon puts on sale a hundred books a month at $3.99 and in a good month I'll find a couple that I'm actually interested in buying. Kobo's sales aren't that great either I find but they are pretty good at handing out 35/40/50% off coupons pretty regularly. I used to find that Amazon usually had slightly cheaper overall prices than Kobo but now that doesn't seem to be the case. I often find that Kobo has the same price or even cheaper than Amazon these days. Needless to say I get my books from whoever has them cheapest!
Canuck_in_Japan is online now   Reply With Quote