View Single Post
Old 12-30-2012, 07:48 AM   #35210
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by orlok View Post
Exactly that. Doesn't bother me now, but when I was a kid it seemed really unfair.
Me TOO!! It really bummed me out. "Hey kid, here's your Birthdaychristmaschanukah present." I may be the reason that these days I just buy what ever I want when I want, to make up for it.

Quote:
Nowadays, people conveniently forget it's my Birthday altogether, including my Mother (well, she did Skype this morning to wish me a happy B'day, but diddly squat in terms of a gift).
My mother was obsessive about remembering things like that, and had a calendar book that even included the approximate mailing times so cards or gifts would reach people right on the proper day, for birthdays or anniversaries. My son, on the other hand, usually remembers either a month before or a week after, although now that he's married, I noticed that the birthday card I received (on time) was addressed in her handwriting. He did, however, e-mail me on the day itself. Anyway, enjoy YOUR day. I hope you receive a pony and a submarine! Or at least a new sled!

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote