View Single Post
Old 12-30-2012, 02:56 AM   #8
davidfor
Wizard
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
Posts: 4,232
Karma: 3677668
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Australia
Device: Kobo Touch, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by register512 View Post
It seems that you've hit one nail on the head as far as a bad book goes. I haven't searched for it yet, but I did notice a discrepancy between the number of books selected in Calibre, and the number that were actually on my Kobo.

For the latest round of tests, I reduced the number of books to 45, and they all got sent to the Glo. After the Glo had processed them, re-connecting and disconnecting did not result in another "Processing Content" screen.
Good that you have it sorted out. I hate this "feature" on the device. It is good that they don't add "bad" books, but there isn't a clue about which book it didn't like. There should be a log file somewhere. If you work out which book it is, can you send me a copy? I have rarely seen this, so I am interested to see if I can work what is wrong.

A while ago, I had a look at how to display this in the device list. Unfortunately, it needs some work elsewhere in calibre. I'll have to talk to Kovid about it again.
Quote:
Unfortunately, neither did it result in the series data being displayed. Calibre finds all of the books on the device without trouble, but none of the series data seems to end up on the Glo.

I have created a debug log as you described, and have sent it to you in a PM. Hopefully you can make some sense of it.
One glance at the log and I knew what was wrong. And I have no idea why I didn't think of it before

To let calibre update the device database, you need to have "Metadata management" set to automatic on the "Sending books to devices" page of the preferences. You probably have it set to manual. This isn't mentioned in the post I pointed to, but it is mentioned in the general set-up but only with reference to shelves. I'll have to update that.

Last edited by davidfor; 12-30-2012 at 03:01 AM.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote