View Single Post
Old 12-29-2012, 11:31 PM   #5166
Dylrob
Murderous Mustela
Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 5c & Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylrob View Post
Today I was finally was able to spend some personal time with Windows 8... Umm, all I can say is when I'm actually able to afford a new machine I think I'm going to install one of those hacks to bring back the start menu. I gave metro, or whatever they're calling it now, a shot and I just didn't like it. I could definitely see this interface being nice on a touchscreen, but with a mouse it's just crap.
And now as of today I can confirm my suspicions (which already seems to be the general opinion when it comes to W8) that yes, the interface was truely optimized for a touchscreen. While I was at the mall getting my iPod replaced, I also popped into the Microsoft store. Well, wandered by might be a more appropriate choice of words, given that the "store" is in the middle of one of the walk ways. Anyway, I spent quite a few minutes with the Surface. And while I wouldn't personally buy one, it is a pretty nice piece of kit. Except for the keyboards that is. I didn't particularly like either one. The touch keyboard offers no feedback, and there is not enough of a gap between the keys on the other one.
Dylrob is offline   Reply With Quote