View Single Post
Old 12-29-2012, 02:42 PM   #2
pe1dnn
Enthusiast
pe1dnn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pe1dnn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pe1dnn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pe1dnn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pe1dnn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pe1dnn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pe1dnn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pe1dnn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pe1dnn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pe1dnn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pe1dnn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam_uk View Post
What's gone wrong here? and how can I fix it?
My recommendation would be to restore the reader using the backup (I assume you made one!). Then wait until the root package is not a development version anymore or retry. It is already fishy you had to try it two times, so maybe something screwed up the first time.

You could also use one of the restore packages from porkupan. The only package that gave me the same problem as you have now was the restore package from uboot.

I have not rooted my reader after 1.05 firmware came out so I can't confirm or refute your findings. It used to work fine on the 1.04 firmware.
pe1dnn is offline   Reply With Quote