View Single Post
Old 12-29-2012, 07:00 AM   #7
Agatha Chicken
Super Star Crime Writer
Agatha Chicken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agatha Chicken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agatha Chicken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agatha Chicken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agatha Chicken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agatha Chicken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agatha Chicken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agatha Chicken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agatha Chicken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agatha Chicken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agatha Chicken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All of them!
[Episode 6]

The punch he had made, it was no longer fit
For any to drink, no, not even a bit
For deep in the bowl had been pushed his grand nose
Now quiet as a mouse but in more than a doze.

dreams shot to her feet, knocking her chair from its place, and raced to the living room where she promptly fell flat on her face.

"DaleDe! Didn't I ask you to put your Wiki-Blocks away? So we wouldn't have any accidents tonight? I could have killed myself falling over theml!" cried dreams, picking herself up from a floor liberally strewn with1 small Wiki-blocks.

"But dreams! I did put them away! I always put my Wiki-Blocks away! Someone might get into them and rearrange their order! And that would ruin everything!" answered Dale. "And just look what you've done to them! They're scattered all over the floor! And covered with this sticky green slime! What is it?"

The others had filed into the living room now, with Mr. Jellby bringing up the rear 2... still holding his drumstick. He used it to point across the room .... where pdurrant was stretched across the table, face down in the punch bowl. And not moving at all!

Alex and Nate the great raced over and pulled pdurrant out of the punch. His face was as green as the slimy liquid dripping onto the floor, and he wasn't breathing.

"Tsk, tsk, tsk" murmured Mr. Jellby, as he checked more boxes on his paperwork, "A tragic holiday drowning3! Completely covered by your policy of course. I'll just add a rider to your original claim for Mr. pilotbob and Mr. poohbear_nc. Just initial here please."

"Look at his face man! He's been poisoned!" shouted WT Sharpe. "Drowning doesn't turn your face green. Someone must have poisoned the punch."

"dreams, you helped him earlier tonight. What was in that bottle you gave him to add -- it looked mighty powerful." asked Nate.

"It was only some old brandy that I found in the cellar, when I was looking for some wire to hang the cards. pdurrant opened it and poured it in -- with a lot of other stuff." answered dreams. "A lot of you tasted it tonight before .... everything started happening. You're all still OK."

"dreams, nobody tasted the punch after pdurrant added your 'special ingredient'" noted Harry. "He wouldn't let us - said he was saving it for drinking after the caroling."

"Wait! I'll show you! He dropped the empty bottle into the wastebasket right next to the table" cried dreams, and started feverishly rummaging5 through its contents. She looked up with a stricken face "It's gone! Somebody has taken it! Who would steal an empty bottle?"

Alex rang the bell for the maid. ravenne entered and said "You rang Sir?"
"Yes. Have you emptied the trash from the living room today?" asked Alex.
"No Sir. I've only been in the kitchen. I planned to wait until you were all done decorating and had gone caroling before cleaning up in here." ravenne explained. "Will that be all? I have a very greasy6 microwave to clean up."

Harry suddenly pointed out "We can bottle up the punch in the bowl and have it analyzed. That will prove if pdurrant was murdered, or had a heart attack and drowned in his own creation."

"Excellent idea" agreed Alex. "ravenne, please find a large bottle in the kitchen, and a funnel."

As ravenne left the room, a draft from the open door caused the stockings to swing back and forth. dreams looked over, and noticed once again how large everybody's stockings looked compared with poor poohbear_nc's puny stockinette. "We used to tease him so much about his skinny legs" she mused. And now, every time I look at that row of socks, his little stocking seems to be getting smaller and smaller. I wonder why."

dreams started to walk over to the fire place when WT Sharpe suddenly shouted

FIRE!

[End of Episode 6]

1 strewn with: übersät mit
2 to bring up the read: das Schlusslicht bilden
3 drowning: das Ertrinken
4 to initial sth.: etw. abzeichnen
5 to rummage: wühlen, stöbern
6 greasy: schmierig, fettig
7 funnel: Trichter
8 to muse: sinnieren