View Single Post
Old 12-28-2012, 05:48 PM   #2
GeoffR
Wizard
GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nascarfan1972 View Post
Incidentally when I altered the series info using edit metadata and typing the series name into the series box it did not work when I saved, so if anyone could explain how to get calibre to save that information in a format that my kobo's (2 wireless, 1 mini & 1 glo) could use I would be grateful.
Calibre only sends the series information to the device the second time it is connected, so after sending the books from Calibre you need to eject the device, let it process the books, then plug it back in again to get the series information.

Also I think your Kobos need firmware 2.2.x just to see the series information, and firmware 2.3.x to do anything useful with it.

Edit: Also check that the "set series information" box is ticked in the Kobo device plugin's customisation menu. (Calibre-->preferences-->plugins-->device interface pluguns-->Kobo Touch-->customisation)

Last edited by GeoffR; 12-28-2012 at 06:01 PM.
GeoffR is offline   Reply With Quote