View Single Post
Old 12-28-2012, 05:44 PM   #24
James_Wilde
Guru
James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Iriver Story
An impressive description of your situation and achievements, Kenny. I'm impressed and wish you well in 2013. Hope you manage to generate enough income from writing to let you continue with it. I do hope that, when the breakthrough comes, things get easier. So people keep saying. So 2013 could well be your year.

For my part, I got my second novel finished, did not find an agent for it, so published it myself via Amazon. It's got a bit more notice than the first one, but still not much, and I'm looking into marketing plans for 2013 and I'll continue the hunt to find an agent.

I had also hoped to re-edit the first novel, which is not my best work, just in case a reader of my second novel wants to see what else I've written. Number one fell a long way short of #2. I wanted to finish the re-write by Christmas, but didn't and now I'm looking at Easter.

I've shelved my original #3 after 2 chapters, and am working on a more appealing #4 instead. If I get that one finished this year it'll be a miracle. So far it's taken me a couple of years to go from planning a novel to having a book in pdf, mobi and epub form.

But my goals are small beer by comparison with yours, so I'll just wish you all the luck in the world, and maybe, if you ask me again in a year's time, I'll tell you how I got on with present goals. Let's make that a date.
James_Wilde is offline   Reply With Quote