In the past, you were able to email turn by turn directions in google maps, but I can only find a link there now which won't help you since you do not have a lot of wi-fi options heading down the road with your Kindle Fire. If it were me, and I wanted to have the directions available on my Kindle device, I would print to pdf and save that on the device. You need to do that from a computer. There are several nice free programs that allow you to print to a pdf file. I use Acrobat pro now, so I cannot comment on the latest best free option.
Steps to do this:
- Pull up your directions in google maps.
- Hit the picture of the printer above the directions. A new page will open suitable for printing.
- Chose any options that you want (I like to have a large map on my printouts)
- Hit the print button at the top right of the page and chose your pdf printer of choice.
- Copy the file onto your Kindle Fire. I have not tested it, as I am a gps guy.
I hope that helps.