View Single Post
Old 12-28-2012, 08:39 AM   #19
ApK
What did you call me?
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrNefario View Post
I think I might prefer less fancy presentation and a simpler format, myself.
It would seem that the majority of typical books do not take advantage of any of the features that mobi does not have, so in the majority of cases the formats would appear identical. Part of the reason is that publishers have have catered to the broadest common denominator, and Amazon's mobi audience was the broadest for years. But also only a comparatively few types of books are served by the extra features. A huge number of books are just simple text (where the font choice is as well left up to the reader) and images, and, while technically you can put a better quality pic in an ePub, on a 6 inch reader, it doesn't matter.

However, if the choice is converting one way or the other, yes it makes sense to use KF8, if available and if your reader supports it, over old mobi.
No reason not to.
ApK is offline   Reply With Quote