Thread: K5 Collections Manager
View Single Post
Old 12-26-2012, 08:28 PM   #315
centhena
Enthusiast
centhena can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.centhena can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.centhena can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.centhena can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.centhena can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.centhena can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.centhena can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.centhena can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.centhena can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.centhena can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.centhena can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckieTigger View Post

3) mess with the author tag in plugboards instead of title - as in adding the booknumber in front, then the normal authors, and then select sort by author - the title would be nice, if you can live with weird authors ...

edit: or adding the # after the author - as it should be the same author for a series - this way sorting by authors still would sort correctly
Hmmm... since it only effects the books post move to kindle and not the calibre library itself that might work as well... I could put the number after the Author's name... Honestly I think this would bug me only slightly less than having it in the title.

I wonder if for some reason the publication date metadata is being changed somehow or for some reason no longer being read. I know this method of sorting works on the Paperwhite in general because I was using it before I modified my kindle. The loss of this functionality has something to do with something I've installed. It's just a matter of figuring out why it has stopped working and fix it. Hopefully it's something I've done and I can just fix it once I figure out what it is, rather than the problem being in one of the mods then I'll have to just hope the dev in question decides to put the work in to make it function.

Is there a way to use the plugboards to modify the publication date field of the metadata?
centhena is offline   Reply With Quote