Thread: K5 Collections Manager
View Single Post
Old 12-26-2012, 05:20 PM   #311
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by centhena View Post
I'm not trying to do this. I'm perfectly happy with only the uppermost level collections being on my homepage. I do get single books that are not in any collection afterward and should that stop working I'm perfectly okay with having a { Non-Series } collection for books that are stand alone.
I believe that the Homepage (top most level) looks the same with CM or not. You need to have sort method set to "collection" to not show all the books that are part of a collection. The only items that don't show up when sorting other than "collection" are sub-collections and invisible items you switched invisible in CM.

Quote:
I've never used plugboards before in Calibre. They've always kinda scared me and seemed intimidating. With my Kindle 3 I had all my books in order using the publication date. I created collections for book series and then in that collection I would have all of the books in order using Author Sort. It would draw the order information from the publication date I set in Calibur and everything was in the right order without having to add numbers in front of my titles, something I'd prefer for the sake of cosmetics to not have to do. i had to manually go in and adjust the publication dates so they'd be in reverse order with the most recent volume showing as the oldest and so on. It worked great. This method was working on my Paperwhite before I started playing around with it. Perhaps I'm just not understanding, but are you saying that with the Collection Manager installed I'm no longer able to do this and HAVE to use a plugboard with numbers in front of my titles to have things appear in the right order?
No, I am saying that having the number in the title works. I have not found another way that works - which doesn't mean it doesn't exist. If I sort by author on the Kindle Touch and the Paperwhites it appears to me to be sorting by author, and then by title - might be coincidence. I think it more likely that sorting on the newer Kindles changed from e.g. Kindle Keyboard. My first Kindle was a Touch, so I am unaware of a change that might have happened prior.
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote