View Single Post
Old 12-26-2012, 11:55 AM   #50
Catlady
Wizard
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: jetBook Lite, Libre Color
Not counting rereads, which actually formed the bulk of my 2012 reading, my picks are Frank: The Voice by James Kaplan for nonfiction, and Dare Me by Megan Abbott for fiction.

Frank is a biography of Frank Sinatra, covering the ups and downs of his life and career until his Oscar win for From Here to Eternity. Kaplan presents a well-rounded portrait of a complex person, and I'm looking forward to the second volume.

Dare Me is a noir tale set in the world of high school cheerleaders. The story is an irresistible mix of competition and friendship and jealousy and murder. Abbott is a fascinating and artful writer.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote