View Single Post
Old 12-25-2012, 08:47 PM   #22696
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Whose woods these are I think I know.
His house is in the village though;
He will not see me stopping here
To watch his woods fill up with snow.

My little horse must think it queer
To stop without a farmhouse near
Between the woods and frozen lake
The darkest evening of the year.

He gives his harness bells a shake
To ask if there is some mistake.
The only other sound's the sweep
Of easy wind and downy flake.

The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep.

Good morning, everyone! I hope you had a wonderful holiday, doing the things you wanted to do, eating all the goodies, and, gosh, even if you had to drink old Scotch, I hope you enjoyed it. Now, sitting around a playing with your new toys... I was going to wear my new gloves but they make typing difficult.

But I'm drinking a big mug of "Yorkshire" tea, have a bowl of miso soup and a plate of veggies beside it to wake me up before we begin our walks, climbs, and chores. Japan is preparing to shut down for a few days, so there are things to do before the stores close. It used to be much worse 10 years ago. EVERYTHING was closed until Jan.4th. And I mean everything! These days all the convenience stores and supermarkets stay open, and many of the shops in the malls. But at least half will close, the post office and banks shut down, etc.

People here do their New Year's Cleaning instead of Spring Cleaning, and folks will travel to the home towns for big family dinners. The government makes all Expressway toll free regardless of distance and there will be 25km traffic jams all over Japan. We'll either stay home, walk, or take the bike!

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote