Well, the highlighting really is problematic. To illustrate, the two screenshots below... I wanted to highlight a great piece of dialogue in a Kir Bulychev story, and it turned out that instead of a single highlight, I had to make 5 (!) of them in Marvin (and Stanza and many other iOS e-readers behave similarly, so it's not a Marvin issue per se):
- first, highlight the end of the first paragraph
- highlight the next 4 paragraphs
- highlight the remaining text on the screen
- highlight the rest of the current paragraph on the following screen
- highlight 3 more paragraphs
And so, I end up with 5 separate highlights instead of 1. (Not visually, but they are separate in the list of highlights and in the XHTML export of highlights.) I would even have ended up with 6 separate highlights if I only wished to highlight the first few words in the final paragraph, instead of the entire final paragraph.
It's not a show-stopper for me, just annoying. Apple should get rid of that obligatory "paragraph snapping" Kris mentioned.