Announcing MobileRead's Winter† Murder Mystery Extravaganza!
MobileRead is proud to announce a Twelve Days of Christmas Murder Mystery.
[EDIT: The contest is now over. If you would like to read the story (with solution!), an ebook of all the episides and some extras is available in the Patricia Clark Memorial Library in Kindle/Mobi
Have the MobileRead moderators been naughty or nice?
What will Santa bring them in their stockings this year?
The moderators are all getting together on Christmas Eve for a celebration.
But it seems that one moderator is being very naughty indeed.....
Who's behind the dastardly deeds?
Who will still be standing when the dust settles?
Will your favourite moderator live to to see 2013?
Follow along here with a new episode every Day of Christmas.
The following prizes are up for grabs:
How it works
Super Star Crime Writer Agatha Chicken will post one episode in this thread for each of the Twelve Days of Christmas.
Read the episodes as they appear over the twelve days of Christmas.
Match your wits with Agatha Chicken's world-famous detective Hercule Poulet as you try to determine which one of the moderators is the fiendish devil behind it all.
If you follow the story attentively until the last episode, you might be able to identify the murderer. Discover the murderer's name and email it to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
before the end of Monday, January 7th 2013 to be in with a chance of winning. Make sure you include your MobileRead username in your entry.
Those entries with the correct name will be entered in a random drawing for one of the thirteen fabulous prizes listed above.
As this thread will be for the story only, we started a separate discussion thread
Please go there to post comments, theories, questions etc. on the contest. Thank you!
Down to the details:
Big kudos goes to...
- You may enter only once.
- The contest begins today, December 25th 2012, and ends on January 7th 2013, at 11:59 PM EST.
- Deadline to send us the solution (name of the murderer) is January 7th 2013, at 11:59 PM EST.
- You must send the solution including your MobileRead username to email@example.com. Submissions to other mail addresses, and submissions by private message or visitor message can not be considered.
- From the eligible entries, the winners will be randomly drawn for prizes consisting of 10 e-reader devices and 3 e-book reader cases.
- If you are chosen, you will be notified via private message. Winners must respond within four days after being notified. If you do not respond within that period, another winner will be chosen.
- General rules can be found here.
We're hugely thankful to the fine folks from eReader-Store
and WaterField Designs
for providing the prizes. You're great!
Good luck everyone and have fun!
(As usual, if you like us, love us, tweet about us, or mention us on Facebook - it's always much appreciated!!)
† Summer Murder Mystery for those of you in the Southern Hemisphere.
MobileRead team members are not eligible to participate.