View Single Post
Old 12-25-2012, 11:45 AM   #7
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Glo, Nexus 7 HD, iPad Air
Quote:
Originally Posted by stewacide View Post
I bet they could lower it, but I can think of two reasons they might not want to:

1. Lower brightness would make the lighting look uneven, which people will complain about and might cause returns of people with unreasonable expectations
2. If they're using PWM to control the LEDs, going too low might make 'strobing' apparent.
Out of curiosity, why would you think that using PWM and going too low might make 'strobing' apparent? Most of the PWM implementations I am aware of use a constant cycle time (cycle = on time + off time).

Regards,
David
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote