View Single Post
Old 12-24-2012, 07:03 PM   #336
artbatista
Groupie
artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 4, iPad 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
My old eBookwise eBook reader showed the spine of the eBook in the library view with the width of the spine related to the length of the book just like a real book would be.

Dale
The problem Kris runs against is that to determine the book length, he would have to open and read the book, paginate it, etc, probably a lengthy process.

In a proprietary device, you can do whatever you want.

As I understand it, Apple's terms forbid this in the background, though I see iBooks clearly doing exactly that in the background. Change the font size, and iBooks does it again, in the background, and calculates the new number of pages.

I guess Apple cheats......

Art