View Single Post
Old 12-22-2012, 03:39 PM   #193
dpavlin
Connoisseur
dpavlin can really shake a tail feather.dpavlin can really shake a tail feather.dpavlin can really shake a tail feather.dpavlin can really shake a tail feather.dpavlin can really shake a tail feather.dpavlin can really shake a tail feather.dpavlin can really shake a tail feather.dpavlin can really shake a tail feather.dpavlin can really shake a tail feather.dpavlin can really shake a tail feather.dpavlin can really shake a tail feather.

Device: Kindle K3G and DXG
Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
EDIT: For the future reader - This device (above) was defective and was returned.
Just a quick comment about

Code:
reading data from device: LIBUSB_ERROR_NO_DEVICE
I spent half a day fighting it and in the end it turned out to be Samsung USB cable which was sensitive to movement. I even implemented resume of download in k3flasher during this, but simple change of cable proved to be enough. Hopefully this hint will help someone.

In the process I wrote perl wrapper which can do incremental dumps, and then started hacking on k3flasher adding continuation of dump if file already exists, and ability to specify continue address and read before flash for programing flash. Reading of flash is turned off on first unsuccessful verify, mostly because additional reads beyond end of correctly flashed size showed down flashing a lot.

Code is at https://github.com/dpavlin/k3libre/t...ster/k3flasher

It would benefit from peer review, so be kind :-)

Last edited by dpavlin; 12-24-2012 at 08:02 PM. Reason: added link to code
dpavlin is offline   Reply With Quote