View Single Post
Old 12-22-2012, 09:35 AM   #296
Faterson
pokrývač škridiel
Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini 2, iPad 3&1, iPhone 5S, LG 8.3 & G2, Kobo Mini, Kindle DX&3
Lightbulb

Thanks, Kris! I think the Arvo developer is Estonian, and perhaps he'd be willing to do Cyrillic letters, too?

In my reading experience, the following fonts are currently available in Marvin for reading Russian texts:
  • default fallback (probably Helvetica)
  • Chalkboard
  • Cochin
  • Georgia
  • Gil Sans
  • Hoefler Text
  • Palatino
  • Times New Roman
  • Trebuchet
  • Verdana
... and from among these, I prefer Verdana in Night Mode, Georgia in Day Mode. If Arvo and Volkhov were also avaiable in Cyrillic, I'd need nothing more.

The trouble with using different fonts in Marvin for Day Mode and Night Mode is that unlike Stanza, Marvin currently doesn't associate font types with Day/Night/Other Theme. Switching between Day Mode and Night Mode in Marvin is a lot harder to do than in Stanza, where there even is a dedictated toolbar button for instantly toggling "Night Mode" on and off, along with associated font types and font sizes, which may be different in Night Mode compared to Day Mode. I've already suggested to Kris to consider tying font preferences to Themes (at least as a user option), and I know several Marvin users have said they'd welcome a one-touch button for instantly switching between Day Mode and Night Mode. It could be a "multiple-toggle" button in Marvin, cycling between whatever the user set up as preferred Themes. Currently, switching themes requires 3 taps in Marvin (you need to tap an additional time to get to the Themes tab), which is a lot less convenient compared to Stanza.