View Single Post
Old 12-21-2012, 04:26 PM   #58
jswinden
Astrophotographer
jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 2, iPhone 5, Nexus 7.2
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlorenceArt View Post
You can make a backup of your iPad, then sync it, and if this wipes out your data, restore the backup. But I'll admit it's a bit scary.
You can backup and/or transfer iThingie goodies to another computer, but this only includes stuff you purchased from the Apple Store. Nothing you side-loaded via iTunes will get backed up, at least in my experience. Therefore if you try to Sync you will probably lose all of your side-loaded stuff! I haven't tried and tested this, nor will I. But that is what it appears to do. So beware and be cautious! iTunes can turn wicked on you in a heartbeat and if you don't fully read and correctly interpret its popup caution messages you can wipe out a lot of stuff.

I base the above statements on having just installed iTunes on another computer after my primary computer died. I went through the Transfer Purchases from iPod to the new computer option, then did a backup, but only purchased items transferred. If I ever restore from this backup I will lose side-loaded items.

Last edited by jswinden; 12-21-2012 at 04:31 PM.
jswinden is offline   Reply With Quote