Thread: Submission Fees
View Single Post
Old 12-20-2012, 01:36 PM   #9
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Galaxy SIII; Xoom; Kindle Fire
Thanks for all the comments on this, I wasn't looking specifically for advice (I'd already decided not to send to Brevity) but more wanted to open up the topic for discussion in case others here were/are interested.

And yes Brevity is an on line journal started by Dinty Moore that publishes very short < 750 word creative non-fiction essays.

I was actually just brushing up on some of these markets as that last posting came through, so thought I'd respond.

Another market for short non-fiction of various types is the Christian Science Monitor. < 800 words mostly.

Also Creative NonFiction publishes various types of essays of various lengths another good market.

And also, yes Duotrope is a good place/has been a good place to find markets, but as you mention they are going to a paid subscription model so they'll also be off my list as well starting 1/1/2013

This page lists a few markets for Personal Essays: http://www.writing-world.com/creative/fifteen.shtml

If anyone is interested in other creative non-fiction markets I could list some or feel free to post any you have found of interest.
kennyc is online now   Reply With Quote