View Single Post
Old 12-19-2012, 05:26 PM   #9
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by JD Gumby View Post
Yeah, Kobo devices handle widows/orphans (the splitting that happens to prevent having only a line or two of a paragraph be at the end of a page) very badly. It's been this way for over a year and a half (which is how long I've had my Touch - May '11) and only happens in books bought from Kobo (doesn't seem to bother trying to split on sideloads).

Until Kobo decides to fix it (fat chance of that ever happening), the only thing you can do is reduce the font's size so that you have to hold the device up to your face in order to read. :/ Or strip off the DRM, find the variable controlling the feature, and then set it to 0...
I have to disagree with this. The Kobo devices handle widows and orphans exactly as specified. If the values are set in the book, they are used. If they aren't set, a default of 3 is used. The default they use might be the only issue. The CSS standards seem to say 2 is the default.

Edit: I'll leave this here, but read my post further down.

Last edited by davidfor; 12-19-2012 at 07:15 PM.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote