View Single Post
Old 12-19-2012, 04:28 PM   #28
VydorScope
Wizard
VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
You do not really really need much with processing power these days ... BUT RAM and DISK SPEED are critical. Even the fastest CPU will be slow as molasses in dead of winter if you toss 2gb ram and a slow laptop hard drive at it.

I do not know anything about the machines your looking at, but keep in mind for writing graphics/sound are meaningless. Total Drive space - unimportant once you cross 60 or 80 gb (pending OS - Windows need 20 or so for itself to operate well). 3G / 4G/ LTE/ etc for cell networks - waste of money. Any standard wireless NIC will do fine. CDROM/DVD Drive - worthless after initial install (even then I would not bother - use thumb drive with ISO and mount the ISO ad a virtual drive in a pinch).

So.. that leaves you with disk speed and ram as key. I would suggest you focus your $$ there. For example a 80 GB SSD drive is preferable to a standard 520gb 5400 RPM laptop drive.

Other then that - Screen / keyboard are both personal preference.

That is my opinion, and it probable worth exactly as much as you paid for it.
VydorScope is offline   Reply With Quote